ARTICLES

  1. Month of October on Calendar
    31 Oct, 2016
    October Newsletter
    Millennial Institute October Newsletter U.S. Presidential election     As of October 30th, FiveThirtyEight estimates that Hillary Clinton has a 78.9% chance of winning the presidency, whereas Donald Trump’s chance is 21.0%.     FiveThirtyEight uses not only current polling data, but also weighting of polls’ past accuracy, demographic information, and other factors to predict election outcomes.     A poll by ABC News and the Washington Post predict that Hillary Clinton will win, though only has
  2. Millennial Institute September Newsletter
    30 Sep, 2016
    Millennial Institute September Newsletter
    Millennial Institute September Newsletter U.S. Presidential election: Polls and Overview                 As of September 27th, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has a 55.5% chance of winning the presidency and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has a 44.5% chance of winning, according to FiveThirtyEight’s election forecast. FiveThirtyEight also predicts that Clinton will get 46.4% of the popular vote, Trump will get 44.9%, and Libertarian presidential candidate Gary
  3. Corporate and Consumer Cybersecurity Bill
    22 Aug, 2016
    Corporate and Consumer Cybersecurity Bill
    “There are two kinds of big companies in the United States. There are those who have been hacked… and those who don’t know they’ve been hacked.” -FBI Director James Comey      The dramatic increase in cyber attacks over the past two years started innocuously enough. Sony Pictures Entertainment announced plans to green light another Seth Rogen comedy, and for the most part, the world shrugged. After all, Seth Rogen isn’t known for cinematic masterpieces. But then, Sony disclosed the subject
  4. Shawn Haq's Interview with State Senate Candidate, Henry Stern
    20 Aug, 2016
    Shawn Haq's Interview with State Senate Candidate, Henry Stern
    Do you live in Los Angeles or Ventura County? Then chances are that you live in California's 27th State Senate District. Chances are that your State Senator is Fran Pavley - and she isn't running for re-election. It's a high stakes race between Democrat Henry Stern and Republican Steve Fazio. Henry has been endorsed by Senator Fran Pavley and, if elected, would be the youngest Senator in California. Shawn Haq sat down with Henry last Wednesday to discuss a wide variety of issues with the State
  5. College Equality Bill
    08 Aug, 2016
    College Equality Bill
    “No person shall be subjected to discrimination on the basis of disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, [or] sexual orientation…”            These are the opening lines of California Education Code Section 66270, an obscure but critically important provision preventing prejudice in higher education. The policy prohibits discriminatory practices in all colleges and universities in California that benefit from government funding or enroll
  6. Millennial Institute July Newsletter
    31 Jul, 2016
    Millennial Institute July Newsletter
    July Newsletter U.S. Presidential election                 Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump officially announced that Mike Pence, the current governor of Indiana, will be his vice presidential running mate. Pence is generally considered to be a major supporter of the Tea Party movement, which is known as staunchly anti-immigration, especially illegal immigration; highly protective of the 2nd amendment; socially conservative; populist; and against government spending. It also has
  7. Campaign Length and Finance: How Other Countries Do It Better
    29 Jul, 2016
    Campaign Length and Finance: How Other Countries Do It Better
    The absurdly long length of American national election campaigns is a godsend for the media, but for the everyday voter, it's just another aspect of the political process that exhausts and frustrates. With news outlets capitalizing on every little statement made by presidential front  runners for nearly 600 days straight, it's hard for voters to stay engaged in politics. But the  bloated length of these campaigns has another, more sinister consequence: it increases the role of  money in
  8. Millennial Institute June Newsletter
    30 Jun, 2016
    Millennial Institute June Newsletter
    June Newsletter U.S. Presidential election Polling                 Throughout the final week of June, most polls are predicting that Hillary Clinton will win the presidential election, putting her on average 4 points ahead of Donald Trump.                 One of the major factors behind Trump’s declining popularity is the widespread belief that he is a racist. In early June, a U.S. District Judge named Gonzalo Curiel was presiding over two cases in which people were suing Trump, claiming that
  9. The New, Colossal Opportunity: The Libertarian Option
    28 Jun, 2016
    The New, Colossal Opportunity: The Libertarian Option
    "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"     Since their inception, the booming words of “The New Colossus” have welcomed immigrants into Ellis Island, as well as our country as a whole. The symbol of Lady Liberty is one we as Americans have grown up with plastered to our minds for more than a century.  However, today, the abstract
  10. Millennial Institute May Newsletter
    01 Jun, 2016
    Millennial Institute May Newsletter
    May Newsletter Transgender Rights The US Justice Dept notified North Carolina that its state law limiting restroom access for transgender people violates the US Civil Rights Act. The United States Education Department also publicly supported this statement. Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-north-carolina-lgbt-idUSKCN0XV2N8 Prisoners’ rights The city of Colorado Springs agreed to make reparations to people who were sent to jail because they were unable to pay fines for minor